The BayesComp-ISBA bylaws
- The name of the section: ISBA Section on Bayesian Computation (BayesComp) hereafter referred to as "Section" below.
- The purpose of the Section:
- The purposes of the Section include the promotion of original research
into computational methods for Bayesian inference and decision making,
the promotion of the use of frontier computational tools among
practitioners, and the translation and dissemination, among
statisticians, of methods developed in other disciplines.
To address these purposes, the Section will, among other activities,
organise conferences, workshops, short courses, and sessions in
other meetings, and will maintain a website of information and advice
as an authoritative central resource for Bayesian computation.
- The offices, duties and terms of offices:
- The offices are those of Chair, Chair-elect, Program chair, Treasurer,
and Secretary. The Chair-elect, Program chair, Treasurer, and
Secretary are elected by the membership for staggered two year terms.
The Chair-elect succeeds the office of Chair for a term of two years.
- The officers constitute the Section Executive Committee, which shall
follow the general policies established by the ISBA Board and shall
conduct the affairs of the Section between meetings of the Board. The
Section Executive Committee shall report to the ISBA Board at each
Board meeting. The report may be in writing.
- The Section Chair convenes and chairs meetings of the Section
Executive Committee and the Section membership. The duties of the
Secretary, Treasurer and the Program Chair are as described in item
4.B through D of the ISBA constitution, but restricted to the Section.
The Secretary will also act as the webmaster for the Section. The
Program Chair additionally works, with the other members of the
Section Executive Committee, to organize conferences, workshops, and
- The right to enter into legal contracts for ISBA or the Section is
vested solely in the ISBA Executive Committee.
- Additional provisions for elections of Section officers:
- Each year a five-member Section Nominating Committee will nominate
candidates for Section offices. Three members of the Committee will be
elected by the Section Executive Committee based on suggestions from
the Section membership. To facilitate this process, for every election
year, the Section Chair will request suggestions from the Section
members. The Section Executive Committee will elect three members from
the suggested names and appoint one of the three members as Chair of
the Section Nominating Committee. The remaining two positions in the
committee will be filled by the two current officers who will be
replaced in the upcoming election. The Section Nominating Committee
selects and gets consent to stand for election from, at least two
candidates for each office.
- The term for all offices starts on January 1 following the election.
- Section Membership:
- Any ISBA member who pays the Section membership fee is a member of the
Section. The Section membership fee is set by the Section Executive
Committee and approved by the ISBA Board by resolution.
- Annual Reports:
- The Section Secretary will be responsible for submitting all Section
reports, including annual reports of Section activities to the ISBA